Maintaining Your Health for a Better and Longer Life
Living a healthier life does not mean you have to make drastic changes in your lifestyle or become a vegetarian. You can be healthy while still enjoying all of your favorite things with the use of vitamins, dietary supplements, proper food choices, exercise, and through partnering with a Pharmacy in Toronto Canada such as Parkside Pharmacy for your healthcare products and pharmaceutical services needs. These are just some easy ways to improve and maintain your health.
- Food Choices
One of the most critical aspects to take into account of regarding your health is the kind of food you are consuming. After all, you are what you eat. This does not mean you need to cut out your favorite foods, but if you are interested in being healthy, you need to eat in moderation and make sure the majority of your meals are healthy. This means less pizza, less burgers, and less cake. You can still have them, but moderation is the secret to success.
Along with having a healthy diet, it is important to get some proper exercise. Through exercise, you can improve your physical strength, enhance the amount of energy you have, improve your moods, and even keep your body in shape. If you do not have the time to hit the gym, then simply jogging around the neighborhood for 30 minutes every day can really work wonders.
Our Pharmacy in High Park Area in Toronto Ontario Canada has a large stock of vitamins. We got just about everything you need. If you cannot find what you are looking for, we can help you get it. Vitamins are a great way to supplement your diet and exercise. Through vitamins, you can provide your body the nutrition it is missing when your meals are not as healthy as they could be.
Living a healthy life only requires slight lifestyle changes. These changes can have a huge impact on your life, so it may be time to start thinking about it.
If you have any questions, you can give us a call now at 647-350-3530. It is time to start living a healthy life and Parkside Pharmacy can help you.
How to Stay Healthy While Traveling
Traveling is an adventure where you are able to experience new cultures, see new places, and open your mind to a world of different possibilities that you have never even considered before. If there is one thing that you have to do at least once in your life, it is to travel around the world.
However, these countries that you will visit might be the homes of different kinds of bacteria and germs. Your body might not be prepared to handle this kind of bacteria and it will be easy for you to fall ill. Fortunately, there are pretty good Pharmacies in Toronto Canada such as Parkside Pharmacy that can provide a solution to this problem.
Our solution is immunization. Before you travel, we can give you a shot that will improve your immune system in order to handle the different diseases in various places. This service is quick, easy, and painless. Even if you hate shots and despise needles, it is far better to get a slight prick than to ruin your entire vacation because you contracted dengue fever. This service is effective and it is one of those things necessary in healthcare, because it is best to be safe than sorry.
Watch Your Health
Besides immunization, there are some basic things you can do to make sure you do not get sick. One basic step is to simply not get overwhelmed. Getting drained and being exhausted will cause your immune system to weaken. So when you are traveling, make sure you are well rested and that you are not putting too much stuff on your plate. It can be tempting to go out and do as much as you can, but make sure you are giving yourself the proper amount of time to rest.
Let us help you enjoy your vacation. Our Pharmacy near the Junction Area in Toronto Ontario Canada has the immunization services you need. Make sure to come and visit us so you can enjoy your vacation.
Feel free to browse through our website for our pharmacy services and healthcare products. For any questions, feel free to call us up at 647-350-3530. Make sure you can give your immune system the boost it needs, so you can enjoy your vacation this summer.
Side Effects of Birth Control Pills you Should Know
Birth control is a known method for men and women to prepare for parenthood and prevent pregnancy. A number of contraception has been developed through the ages but one which is widely used by women is the birth control pills.
Why do women prefer using pills?
As discovered by Parkside Pharmacy, a lot of women choose to use this particular method of preventing pregnancy because:
– It is a highly effective reversible contraception.
– It helps in reducing severe menstrual cramps.
– It decreases the risk for iron deficiency or anemia.
– It reduces the probability of having ovarian cysts.
– It prevents pelvic inflammatory disease.
– It fends off the possibility of ectopic pregnancy.
– It does not affect future fertility.
– It is easy and safe to use.
The Side Effects
Despite the benefits a woman gets from taking contraceptive pills, it has been reported that taking this route of preventing pregnancy is not without side effects. The following are the common side effects of this oral contraceptive:
- Nausea. People who take pills for the first time may experience mild nausea, but this often subsides after a short period of time. To lessen the possibility of this effect, one should take the contraceptive with food or before bedtime. However, if the occurrence of nausea persists or if it becomes even worse, you should already seek medical assistance.
- Weight gain. Some women taking birth control pills have reported that they have had fluid retention in some parts of their body especially in the hip areas and breast when they started taking pills. Studies have yet to discover the connection between a person’s weight and taking pills but one possibility which they are looking into is the fact that the estrogen content of these birth control pills could have affected fat cells in the body.
- Sore or swollen breasts. During the first weeks of starting the pill, an individual may feel breast tenderness or soreness but it will eventually improve after a few more weeks. To reduce this possibility, you can stop consuming caffeine and salt, and wear a supportive bra. Nonetheless, persistent or severe breast pain should be reported to your physician as it may be a symptom of another underlying condition.
- Mood Changes. Using birth control pills is associated with changes in the cortex area of the brain which are linked with evaluating incoming stimuli and reward response. This is one of the reasons being looked into by experts why women taking pills could result in mood changes. But experts likewise suggest that anyone who experiences mood changes while on pills should contact their medical provider and discuss the condition.
- Headaches. Some clients of Pharmacy in Toronto Canada have also mentioned about having migraine or headaches while they are taking pills. As discussed by physicians, these effects are often felt by those taking pills with low dose of hormones. But this is to subside after some time, so if it continues to persist after a longer period of time, one should already seek medical guidance.
Each Pharmacy in High Park Area in Toronto Ontario Canada has a pharmacist to give you fundamental information about the pills you are taking. So take advantage of it and always ask possible side effects before purchasing them.
5 Ways Traveling Improves your Life
The way you live in your country could be a lot different from those living in another nation. You can always read about them over the Internet or in books, but actually experiencing them would be far way better than that. There is no other better way to understand and appreciate the history and culture of other nations than by experiencing them yourselves. And you can do that by traveling to abroad.
But appreciation would not be the only thing you can get from traveling because Parkside Pharmacy believes that you get these benefits too:
- Traveling will broaden your horizon. Each living person in the world has a hidden connection to every member of humanity. When you visit new countries, you begin to awaken that connection. You realize that the place you are living in is just a small portion of the whole world and that we share similar needs and perspectives. We begin to open our eyes that new opportunities are available and we just need to seek for them.
- Traveling boosts our confidence. You would never be confident without being aware of who you are. When you travel, you would meet new challenges which would require you to stay out of your comfort zone; and that is when you will start to discover more about yourself. You will begin to acknowledge that you are capable of a whole lot of things and eventually, you will believe in yourself more. You will develop the ability to cope with obstacles and grow as a person.
- Traveling creates memories of a lifetime. Everybody would love to see new things. Whether you love history and discover different cultures or not, you would get delighted with seeing things you’ve only seen in photos before. And everything you see in a new place would be imprinted in your mind. It will become a memory which you could cherish for the rest of your life.
- Traveling can give you a new purpose of living. If you feel stuck to wherever your life is right now, it would greatly help to take some time off of your work and go somewhere you have never been before. With all the new things you will discover outside of your country – new people, new culture, and new lifestyle – you will get a new sense of purpose in life and a new direction.
- Traveling will help you have fun. Traveling has no requirement. Whatever age or profession you have, you can travel. When you get to a new place, you can do whatever legal things you want to do. You can actually break free from all the stressors you have at work and even at home. All you would just think of when you travel is yourself and having fun.
Nevertheless, it is a must to plan your travel well. If you are a patient who needs medication, every Pharmacy in Toronto Canada suggests that you do not forget to carry your medication with you. Moreover, a Pharmacy near the Junction Area in Toronto Ontario Canada, Parkside Pharmacy, can help you ensure that your travel will be safe and healthy. Contact us at 647-350-3530 for more details.
Six Reasons to Start Eating More Vegetables
Experts suggest that we consume at least five servings of fruits and vegetables every day. However, not all of us can actually reach this target. In fact, while others consume less than a couple servings of veggies daily, others are still in doubt if they should incorporate veggies into their diet.
Most of us are used to having meat as our main dish and veggies on the sides. However, vegetables are packed with the necessary nutrients our body needs to function properly. Here are the reasons you should start getting a plate full of veggies from now on:
For Heart Disease Prevention
Because vegetables have almost no cholesterol, they are a better choice than eating meat that has cholesterol and saturated fats. Consuming more vegetables can provide your body a lot of nutrients that can benefit your heart and other body organs.
For More Glowing Skin
Most people spend thousands of dollars on skin treatment and facials that promise to restore their youthful looks. However, eating more vegetables can actually work wonders with the skin. This may be due to the ability of vegetables to improve blood circulation and change skin pigments. If you want optimum skin glow, talk to a pharmacy in Toronto Canada about the right skincare products you can use alongside your veggie consumption.
For Better Digestion
Vegetables have lots of fiber necessary for proper digestion. Having better digestion allows you to have more nutrients. Also, fiber can help in defecation and the removal of toxins.
Vegetables have more antioxidants than meat. To detoxify yourself from your body’s harmful elements, consider eating more vegetables. Health professionals even recommend eating only fruits and vegetables during the detox process. The antioxidants contained in veggies will eliminate toxins from the bloodstream, nerves and your skin.
For Energy and Endurance Boost
If your body lacks energy, it could be that you did not eat foods that provide your body enough nutrients. Vegetables provide minerals and vitamins for your body to function optimally. With improved immunity, circulation, mood and other bodily functions, you will feel more energized throughout the day.
Moreover, consuming vegetables can boost your workout performance and endurance as well as minimize exercise-induced stress. Thus, apart from helping you perform at your best, vegetables can aid your body while recovering from a strenuous activity.
For Weight Loss
Making veggies the mainstay of your meals instead of meat will help a lot in your weight loss goals. This is because vegetables do not have the unnecessary calories and fats found in meats that can cause you to gain weight. Also, the fiber and antioxidants in vegetables can also be contributing factors.
For more information on what vegetables can do for your body and the products available to help you stay healthy, please contact Parkside Pharmacy, a well-visited pharmacy near the junction area in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Call us at 647-350-3530 today!
Understanding Antibiotic Resistance and Learning to Stop the Spread
If bacteria develop resistance to an antibiotic, they withstand the power of the latter. Thus, the antibiotic a patient uses for curing infection may no longer work. Antibiotic resistance is a serious concern because this means that the patient continues to suffer from the untreated infection that can result in more complications and serious conditions.
How Antibiotics Work
As we fight off a bacterial infection, the invading bacteria can overwhelm our immune system. Antibiotics are taken to create a defense against these bacteria until our immune system can recover and deal with the remaining bacteria. Antibiotics interfere with or stop some daily cellular processes on which bacteria depend for survival and growth. But they can stop when bacteria have different ways to counter the antibiotics’ actions. The bacteria may destroy the antibiotic, change the target or prevent the antibiotic from finding its target.
What to Expect when the Bacteria Become Resistant to an Antibiotic
Using an antibiotic to treat a usual bacterial infection can have the majority of bacteria killed. However, in some cases, a bacterium that has an advantage may live. This can reproduce and pass the advantage on to create more bacteria that are resistant to the antibiotic. Because the bacteria have developed resistance to an antibiotic, they won’t be killed or inhibited.
How to Stop the Spread of Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria
- Avoid using antibiotics for viral infections. An infection caused by a virus like the flu, cold or cough should not be treated with an antibiotic. Antibiotics don’t cure viral infections and taking unnecessary medications can have side effects. For patients with a viral illness, health providers can suggest other treatment options. Visit a pharmacy in Toronto Canada for other options.
- Use antibiotics as prescribed. Patients taking antibiotics should not share their medicines with others. Also, they must not take antibiotics prescribed for somebody else. Antibiotics left over from a previous illness must be discarded. They must not use for another infection because they may not be the right treatment for the infection.
- Stay Up-to-Date on Vaccinations. There are vaccines available for preventing bacterial illnesses which might otherwise require an antibiotic. Also, the flu shot, an antiviral vaccine, can help in preventing a main illness which may be related to a secondary bacterial infection such pneumonia which can later require an antibiotic.
- Ask for a generic antibiotic if available. Healthcare providers can order and provide a generic version of an antibiotic when available to treat a bacterial infection. If you cannot afford your medications, talk to your doctor or pharmacist for an alternative.
- Complete the full treatment course. Finishing the full course of antibiotic is important to prevent antibiotic resistance and the recurrence of the infection.
To learn more about antibiotic resistance and the available generic versions of your antibiotic, call Parkside Pharmacy at 647-350-3530 or visit our pharmacy in High Park area in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
10 Benefits of Smoking Cessation
Smoking is unhealthy to the smoker, the person around him, and the environment. But is it not extremely satisfying to smoke a cigarette every single day? We do not think so, for the negatives outweigh the positives.
Once you stop this harmful habit of yours, we guarantee that you will enjoy a lot of benefits. These benefits will change your life forever and will put smiles on the faces of those who are dear to you.
Let us take a look at the 10 benefits of smoking cessation:
- Breathing easily
Have you noticed that when you smoke every day, your breathing becomes affected and you cough every now and then? Once you give up smoking, your lung capacity improves by 10% as early as nine months.
You may not notice how your lungs suffer in your 20s or 30s unless you run. But when you reach 40 or well enough to your 50s, your lung capacity decreases with age. And if you continue being a chimney, you will eventually wheeze every time you walk or go up the stairs. You do not want to feel that way, do you?
- More energy
If you stop smoking now, 2 to 12 weeks from now, your blood circulation will improve. As your blood circulation recovers, walking and running will become easier, unlike the days when you used to smoke.
Aside from that, it will boost your immune system drastically. Now, you can fight off the seasonal colds and flu without lifting a finger. Quitting can even reduce fatigue and those unwanted headaches!
- Reduced stress
Ditching your cigarettes may make you feel stressed, but this is just because of your withdrawal symptoms. If you overcome this stage, you will eventually lower your stress levels as research shows that ex smokers tend to be happier compared to those who smoke.
- Better sex
When you stop smoking, your blood flow improves as well as your sensitivity. You will be surprised how your sex life will be better. Furthermore, studies suggest that non-smokers are more attractive to their potential partners than those who smoke.
- Improved fertility
For all the women who smoke and cannot bear children at the same time, the problem may be caused by your habit. Quitting smoking develops a healthier womb lining. The likelihood of miscarriages increases when you do not start quitting the habit now. Other than that, do you not want to have a healthier baby?
And for the gentlemen out there, your sperm count will become more potent if you stop smoking.
- Improved senses
Smoking will only make you smell and taste cigarette all the time. But once you do quit, your senses of smell and taste will heighten. You will find your food more appealing and you may be able to judge a good perfume from a bad one.
- Younger-looking skin
Do you think wrinkles are catching up on you than your age? It may be because you smoke a lot. Stopping has been found out to slow the one’s process of facial aging, therefore helping you avoid wrinkles.
- Whiter and more attractive teeth
If you want to have gum disease and suffer from plaque, be our guest and continue smoking. When you do not cease your habit, your teeth will eventually become stained. Do not even make us mention about the breath!
- Longer life
People who commit their lives to smoking die earlier due to various diseases. It will not surprise you knowing their cause of death. Half of these people die from diseases that are triggered by their smoking habits.
- Healthier family
By stopping smoking, you will indubitably protect the health of your family. Studies show that a second-hand smoker, or those people who inhale the smoke given off by the smokers, endanger themselves more than the smokers themselves.
Parkside Pharmacy, the finest Pharmacy in Toronto Canada, is going to help you in your journey. We are a pharmacy near the junction area in Toronto Ontario Canada, and we are open to your needs, whether they are your medication or the cessation of your smoking habits.
If you want to stop smoking, do it now, with the help of professionals.
10 Effective Ways on How to Lose Weight
Everybody wants to lose some of those unwanted fats but could not figure out how. Aside from that, even if you do research it on the internet, you will still end up puzzled due to a million of articles online that claim to be the fastest way to lose weight.
But in this blog, Parkside Pharmacy, a Pharmacy in Toronto Canada, is the one sharing you these tips. So rest assured that all the things we suggest in our top 10 list are the most successful ones.
Without any further ado, here are 10 effective ways on how to lose weight:
Choose your food
Do you want to commit yourself to eating weight loss-friendly food? One of the most effective tips is to know what you are eating. Aside from that, it is a must for you to read the labels before you buy your food.
Drink water before you eat
If you want to feel full without taking too much food in your system, try water! You can take as many as you want without worrying about calories. How much calories does water have? Yup, it is zero. But make sure you do not drown yourself in too much water. It could get poisonous.
Fiber is important, especially for reducing your belly fat. It is also significant in flushing out your body’s dirt.
According to research, those who finish their food fast have the possibility of gaining more weight as time comes by. When you eat slowly, your weight-reducing hormones are activated, thus making you feel fuller.
Eat whole, unprocessed foods
Whole, unprocessed foods make you feel full in an instant. It can also aid you in your fight against overeating.
Enjoy a cup of coffee or tea
There are millions of benefits of drinking a cup of coffee. Aside from keeping you awake at work, it can also help you lose weight.
And have you ever stumbled upon wonder pills on the internet? These pills claim that they have the magic to reduce your fats in a jiffy. But do you know what is the only thing approved by the FDA as a tool in reducing your fats? The answer is tea. But of course, you would have to drink tea without sugar or else you will not enjoy the benefits.
Get a good night’s sleep
Once you get a good night’s sleep, your risk of gaining weight will lessen. Sleep helps our body regenerate. So do not stress out and get 6 to 7 hours of sleep every night.
Keep away from sugary drinks as well as fruit juice
For those soda lovers out there, we may have bad news for you. You may want to cut your intake of those sugary drinks if you want to dispose those extra pounds.
What about fruit juice? The fruit juice you have always thought to be healthy can contribute to your weight. Even if these fruit juices come from the real fruit itself, it is better to eat the fruit whole rather than juicing them up.
Load your breakfast with protein
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Once you eat more protein, you would less likely feel the urge to eat again. Eat a high-protein breakfast and you will surely reduce your cravings and your calorie intake for the rest of the day.
Use smaller plates
Trick your eyes by using a smaller plate. It will make you eat less automatically.
If you are looking for ways in order to be fit and fabulous the right way, do not rely on the various products and advertisements you see online. Rather, consult an expert to partner with you towards your goal.
Parkside Pharmacy is capable of guiding you to the right path of weight loss. We are a pharmacy in high park area in Toronto Ontario Canada, and we make ourselves available 24/7 through our website at www.parksidepharmacy.ca.
Lose weight the right way. Enter our Weight Loss Program.
Managing Your Diabetes Successfully: Simple And Effective Tips To Always Keep In Mind
Diabetes is a lifelong, chronic condition that has to be monitored carefully and regularly. If you need some professional help when it comes to your diabetes management, our pharmacists at Parkside Pharmacy are more than willing to extend their expertise to you!
We are a pharmacy in high park area in Toronto Ontario, Canada, and we would be glad to speak with you regarding your concerns. In fact, we have compiled these diabetes management tips that you can keep in mind.
When it comes to managing your diabetes, remember these simple yet effective tips:
- Make sure to eat a healthy and well-balanced meal.
- Ask professional help for creating a comprehensive and healthy diabetes meal plan.
- Eat foods that contains lower calories, salt, sugar, saturated fat, and trans fat.
- Eat more fiber rich foods such as bread, pasta, crackers, whole grain cereals,or rice.
- Choose foods like bread,cheese, cereals, vegetables, fruits, and whole grains.
- Avoid juice and soda. Drink water and for milk, choose low-fat or skim milk.
- Reminder: make sure to maintain a healthy weight. With a proper meal plan, this can be achievable.
- Stay active.
- Regular exercise doesn’t just help with your diabetes but it is good for your overall health as well.
- If you weren’t big on exercising in the past, start slow and set a goal for yourself. You can start by taking short walks at least 3 times per day.
- Boost your muscle strength. You can do this by doing yoga, gardening, using stretch bands, etc.
- Reminder: Stress can cause your blood sugar level to rise. Staying active and exercising can lower your stress significantly.
- Have a routine.
- Always take your medications on time.
- Check your body (especially your feet) for any blisters, cuts, red spots, and/or swelling. If you have any sores that aren’t going away, call your health care team immediately.
- If you smoke, make sure to quit it immediately. If you have a hard time quitting, please seek professional help.
- Check your blood sugar levels regularly and keep a record of it. This will be useful during your routine check-ups.
These are just some diabetes management tips from us at Parkside Pharmacy. Note that aside from providing you with tips and guidance, we can also provide you with diabetic products. We offer insulin pump accessories, diabetic shoes, blood glucose meters, insulin, lancet devices, prescription medications, and much more!
For product inquiries, you may give us a call at 647-350-3530. If you would like a face-to-face pharmacist consultation, please come visit our pharmacy in high park area in Toronto Ontario, Canada. We would be happy to see you!
4 Significant Advantages Of Blister Packaging
Are you looking for a trustworthy, accessible pharmacy near the junction area in Toronto Ontario, Canada? Well, look no further because Parkside Pharmacy is here for you! We provide a wide range of pharmaceutical products and services that will surely meet all of your pharmacy needs.
At Parkside Pharmacy, we are proud of all of our services and products. However, one service that we are particularly proud of is our Blister Packaging service. With this service, we make sure that our customers are able to get medications that are safely packed and stored. Also, our Blister Packaging makes it easier for customers to take the right medication, with the right dose, at the right time.
If you are still doubtful about Blister Packaging, here are some of the advantages that it can bring that you might not have known:
- Blister packs are simple to use.
With a blister pack, all you have to do is to pop the pill out of the blister package – it’s as simple and easy as that. You no longer have to struggle with opening a bottle or twisting a cap off just to get your medication. For additional convenience, we also offer senior-friendly blister packs and we can even make it childproof for increased safety.
- Blister packs preserve the integrity and longevity of your pills.
When your pills are stuffed inside a prescription bottle, it may lose some of its integrity and consistency since they constantly rub together when the bottle is moved. Also, the integrity of your pills can be compromised, especially if the prescription bottle isn’t closed properly. Choosing to use Blister Packing eliminates these risks.
- Blister packs are more convenient to carry around.
While there are small pill bottles and boxes, it still takes up more space compared to a blister pack.
- Blister packs are easier to store discreetly.
While you can store your pill bottles in your medicine cabinet, what if you find yourself wanting to store your medication discreetly? What if you want to prevent children and other people from accessing it? With a slim, blister pack storing medications discreetly has never been easier!
These are just four of the many advantages of Blister Packaging. At Parkside Pharmacy, we offer different Blister Packaging options for Monthly Supply, Weekly Supply, Travel Supply, Bi-Monthly Supply/Blister Pack Refills. We also offer Blister Packaging for oral antibiotics at 3-day, 5-day, and 7-day options.
So, make sure to come visit our pharmacy near the junction area in Toronto Ontario, Canada! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 647-350-3530 for immediate assistance.