How to Make Medication Less of a Hassle
There is no doubt that medication can be a hassle to take or to even remember. We just have so many things on our plate that it makes it terribly easy to forget to take our medication. Even if we do remember it, we may just end up dragging our feet to take it. However, it does not have to be such a hassle to take the meds you need for a better and healthier life, just follow these simple tips:
- Compounding: If you are tired of cutting up your medication or tired of the gross taste, then compounding is a service that can help make your medication just a bit easier to swallow. We do this by offering a number of services, including ingredient substitution. We can add or change the flavor, and we can also alter the dosage as well. So, the next time you are at a Pharmacy in Toronto Canada, you may want to consider getting your meds compounded.
- Special Packaging: Parkside Pharmacy offers special blister packaging for your medications. This kind of packaging is used to help keep your meds as organized as possible so that it will not only be easier to remember your medications but to also remember the special instructions that are involved as well. It is important to take your meds, so allow us to help make it easier for you to actually remember that you need to take them in the first place.
- Delivery: Another hassle that is associated with taking medication is actually getting the meds in the first place. Most of us have work and simply do not have the time to go to the pharmacy, and then there are individuals who cannot even leave the house. This is where our delivery services can prove useful to you; because when you do not have the time or the means to pick up your meds, allow us to simply go to you instead.
Parkside Pharmacy is a Pharmacy Near the Junction area in Toronto Ontario Canada that is interested in making your life much simpler. Medications no longer have to be a hassle. Stop stressing out about your meds today!
Why Are Generic Medications so Affordable?
There are many reasons that make generic medications so affordable. These are medications that you can find in most Pharmacies in Toronto Canada such as Parkside Pharmacy, and are a great way to save some extra money on the meds you need. But why are they so much cheaper compared to brand name options? Here are some of the reasons why generics are a lot easier on your wallet:
- No Investment: One of the main reasons why generic medications do not force you to spend too much is the lack of investment. This means that the companies that produce generic drugs do not have to worry about recouping the money they spent on developing the meds, because all they have to do is a copy. Brand name companies spend millions upon millions just to develop a medication that is safe and effective to use, but in order to make the money they spent back, they have to charge more for their product. This is a problem generic medications do not have.
- Copying: Usually when we hear the word copy, we think of something that is inferior to the original; and for most cases, this is completely true but not when it comes down to generic medications. It is required by law that generic medications are just as safe and effective as their brand name counterparts. So, even if they are not original and even though they are far more affordable, they can be just as good if not better than the more expensive options at the pharmacy. So, the next time you are at a Pharmacy in High Park Area in Toronto Ontario Canada, you can save some money by choosing generic drugs.
Generics are definitely the way to go when it comes down to over-the-counter medications, but if your doctor recommends a brand name drug, then it would be better to go with their suggestion. It is time to stop spending a fortune on meds, especially when there are cheaper and effective alternatives available to you at Parkside Pharmacy.
Be the Boss of Your Body: 3 Tips for Diabetics
Managing diabetes alone is tough. With all the added activities of our day to day lives, things can only escalate and get even more intense. Of course, you do have the option to just stay at home and do nothing.
Some of us are parents who work hard to provide for our family. Some of us are grandparents that contribute in giving care to our grandchildren. And some of us are individuals living life to the fullest. Knowing our roles and who we are, can we just let diabetes be the boss of us? Of course not, because truth be told, we are the boss of our own body.
We are the ones who get to decide to change ourselves and change our lifestyle. Even if we are experiencing uncontrollable external happenings, our inner selves, the human component that makes us who we are, can still be in control.
So to manage the pains and the troubles diabetes has given us, the staff of Parkside Pharmacy, a Pharmacy in Toronto Canada, presents you with 5 tips that every diabetic individual should be practicing.
- Tip #1
Diabetes can actually cause stress, especially when you ruminate on diabetes and its effects. It is further more stressful when all you can think about are negative things. To help you distress, you can actually exercise with the safety measures such as wearing the proper diabetic socks and shoes. This ensures that no blisters, scrapes or wounds alike take place. Exercising helps lower your blood sugar and lessen your stress—like hitting two birds with one stone. So unlock the benefits of exercise today.
- Tip #2
Improve your blood sugar. How exactly? By monitoring it. You can check your blood sugar as much as twice every day. The important thing to note is to check, check, and check your blood sugar regularly so you can monitor the increase and decrease of it. Monitoring your blood sugar allows you to keep doing what you’re doing that works to maintain and to improve your blood sugar. Monitoring also allows you to see some concerns early so your physician can help you with it immediately.
- Tip #3
Know you’re in control. The mind is a powerful entity. Be empowered with positivity through people around you or through communities that are composed of members going through the same thing as you. Be provided with good advice from experts regarding any diabetes related concerns.
As a Pharmacy in high park area in Toronto Ontario Canada, we want to contribute and express our care and support in every diabetic individual’s life. Know that you are cared for and supported. We show our support by providing you with quality products every diabetic individual will need. To know more about what we have in store for you, give us a call at 647-350-3530 or visit www.parksidepharmacy.ca/pharmacy-diabetes-medication-reviews to know more.
I Just Can’t Stand my Medication: 3 Ways to Improve your Medication
What’s the worst part about taking your medicine? You can probably guess this. It’s popularly dreaded among children and even adults alike. If you were thinking of the taste of medicine, then you guessed it right.
We could only wish that our medicine would taste better—or so we thought. To start off, let’s always keep in mind of how taking our medication when we’re sick is important. It helps heal our condition and it helps get rid of the discomfort that bothers us.
The popular term “this tastes like medicine” is taken negatively, meaning medicine tastes bad, and children try to avoid taking their medicine. But we don’t want that to continue for the sake of children and even adults who just can’t stand the taste of their medicine. Instead, we want to improve the taste of the medicine because for two things to work, one needs to adjust.
To improve the taste of your medicine and improve the intake of your medication, Parkside Pharmacy, Pharmacy near the junction area in Toronto Ontario Canada, provides you with 3 tips you can do.
- Change the taste of your medicine
Yes! You can actually change the taste of your medicine to a better and more preferred taste. Instead of directly buying the prescribed medication, ask your pharmacy if they offer compounding services. If they do, get their help in changing the taste of the prescribed medication by using medication flavoring. This helps in making any medicine more tolerable and easy to swallow.
- Blister packaging
Sometimes, we can’t do everything. In taking our medication, we have to monitor how many doses we’ve actually taken. This can sometimes be a problem, especially among elderly citizens. Furthermore, since medicines, especially in the form of tablets, tend to be small, it can be a bit of a trouble keeping track of all of them, especially when they’re in separate and different blister packages.
One way to help take charge of this issue is to ask for custom blister packaging for your medication. Ask your pharmacist for assistance and request a customized blister packaging to help you keep track of the doses of your medication. This also helps in keeping track of the medicines you’ve already taken.
- Ask advice from your pharmacist regarding any concerns with your medication
A pharmacist can guide you in the intake of your medication and can even offer you alternatives. You can ask a pharmacist to compound your medicine for you if you have concerns about the medication that might cause you unwanted side-effects such as drowsiness.
Being a Pharmacy in Toronto Canada, we provide you with services that improve your health and comfort. Allow us to serve you to the best of our abilities. Visit us and talk to our pharmacists. If you wish to talk with our pharmacists immediately regarding any concerns, call 647-350-3530 or visit www.parksidepharmacy.ca to know more about our services.
Maintaining Your Health for a Better and Longer Life
Living a healthier life does not mean you have to make drastic changes in your lifestyle or become a vegetarian. You can be healthy while still enjoying all of your favorite things with the use of vitamins, dietary supplements, proper food choices, exercise, and through partnering with a Pharmacy in Toronto Canada such as Parkside Pharmacy for your healthcare products and pharmaceutical services needs. These are just some easy ways to improve and maintain your health.
- Food Choices
One of the most critical aspects to take into account of regarding your health is the kind of food you are consuming. After all, you are what you eat. This does not mean you need to cut out your favorite foods, but if you are interested in being healthy, you need to eat in moderation and make sure the majority of your meals are healthy. This means less pizza, less burgers, and less cake. You can still have them, but moderation is the secret to success.
Along with having a healthy diet, it is important to get some proper exercise. Through exercise, you can improve your physical strength, enhance the amount of energy you have, improve your moods, and even keep your body in shape. If you do not have the time to hit the gym, then simply jogging around the neighborhood for 30 minutes every day can really work wonders.
Our Pharmacy in High Park Area in Toronto Ontario Canada has a large stock of vitamins. We got just about everything you need. If you cannot find what you are looking for, we can help you get it. Vitamins are a great way to supplement your diet and exercise. Through vitamins, you can provide your body the nutrition it is missing when your meals are not as healthy as they could be.
Living a healthy life only requires slight lifestyle changes. These changes can have a huge impact on your life, so it may be time to start thinking about it.
If you have any questions, you can give us a call now at 647-350-3530. It is time to start living a healthy life and Parkside Pharmacy can help you.
How to Stay Healthy While Traveling
Traveling is an adventure where you are able to experience new cultures, see new places, and open your mind to a world of different possibilities that you have never even considered before. If there is one thing that you have to do at least once in your life, it is to travel around the world.
However, these countries that you will visit might be the homes of different kinds of bacteria and germs. Your body might not be prepared to handle this kind of bacteria and it will be easy for you to fall ill. Fortunately, there are pretty good Pharmacies in Toronto Canada such as Parkside Pharmacy that can provide a solution to this problem.
Our solution is immunization. Before you travel, we can give you a shot that will improve your immune system in order to handle the different diseases in various places. This service is quick, easy, and painless. Even if you hate shots and despise needles, it is far better to get a slight prick than to ruin your entire vacation because you contracted dengue fever. This service is effective and it is one of those things necessary in healthcare, because it is best to be safe than sorry.
Watch Your Health
Besides immunization, there are some basic things you can do to make sure you do not get sick. One basic step is to simply not get overwhelmed. Getting drained and being exhausted will cause your immune system to weaken. So when you are traveling, make sure you are well rested and that you are not putting too much stuff on your plate. It can be tempting to go out and do as much as you can, but make sure you are giving yourself the proper amount of time to rest.
Let us help you enjoy your vacation. Our Pharmacy near the Junction Area in Toronto Ontario Canada has the immunization services you need. Make sure to come and visit us so you can enjoy your vacation.
Feel free to browse through our website for our pharmacy services and healthcare products. For any questions, feel free to call us up at 647-350-3530. Make sure you can give your immune system the boost it needs, so you can enjoy your vacation this summer.
Side Effects of Birth Control Pills you Should Know
Birth control is a known method for men and women to prepare for parenthood and prevent pregnancy. A number of contraception has been developed through the ages but one which is widely used by women is the birth control pills.
Why do women prefer using pills?
As discovered by Parkside Pharmacy, a lot of women choose to use this particular method of preventing pregnancy because:
– It is a highly effective reversible contraception.
– It helps in reducing severe menstrual cramps.
– It decreases the risk for iron deficiency or anemia.
– It reduces the probability of having ovarian cysts.
– It prevents pelvic inflammatory disease.
– It fends off the possibility of ectopic pregnancy.
– It does not affect future fertility.
– It is easy and safe to use.
The Side Effects
Despite the benefits a woman gets from taking contraceptive pills, it has been reported that taking this route of preventing pregnancy is not without side effects. The following are the common side effects of this oral contraceptive:
- Nausea. People who take pills for the first time may experience mild nausea, but this often subsides after a short period of time. To lessen the possibility of this effect, one should take the contraceptive with food or before bedtime. However, if the occurrence of nausea persists or if it becomes even worse, you should already seek medical assistance.
- Weight gain. Some women taking birth control pills have reported that they have had fluid retention in some parts of their body especially in the hip areas and breast when they started taking pills. Studies have yet to discover the connection between a person’s weight and taking pills but one possibility which they are looking into is the fact that the estrogen content of these birth control pills could have affected fat cells in the body.
- Sore or swollen breasts. During the first weeks of starting the pill, an individual may feel breast tenderness or soreness but it will eventually improve after a few more weeks. To reduce this possibility, you can stop consuming caffeine and salt, and wear a supportive bra. Nonetheless, persistent or severe breast pain should be reported to your physician as it may be a symptom of another underlying condition.
- Mood Changes. Using birth control pills is associated with changes in the cortex area of the brain which are linked with evaluating incoming stimuli and reward response. This is one of the reasons being looked into by experts why women taking pills could result in mood changes. But experts likewise suggest that anyone who experiences mood changes while on pills should contact their medical provider and discuss the condition.
- Headaches. Some clients of Pharmacy in Toronto Canada have also mentioned about having migraine or headaches while they are taking pills. As discussed by physicians, these effects are often felt by those taking pills with low dose of hormones. But this is to subside after some time, so if it continues to persist after a longer period of time, one should already seek medical guidance.
Each Pharmacy in High Park Area in Toronto Ontario Canada has a pharmacist to give you fundamental information about the pills you are taking. So take advantage of it and always ask possible side effects before purchasing them.
5 Ways Traveling Improves your Life
The way you live in your country could be a lot different from those living in another nation. You can always read about them over the Internet or in books, but actually experiencing them would be far way better than that. There is no other better way to understand and appreciate the history and culture of other nations than by experiencing them yourselves. And you can do that by traveling to abroad.
But appreciation would not be the only thing you can get from traveling because Parkside Pharmacy believes that you get these benefits too:
- Traveling will broaden your horizon. Each living person in the world has a hidden connection to every member of humanity. When you visit new countries, you begin to awaken that connection. You realize that the place you are living in is just a small portion of the whole world and that we share similar needs and perspectives. We begin to open our eyes that new opportunities are available and we just need to seek for them.
- Traveling boosts our confidence. You would never be confident without being aware of who you are. When you travel, you would meet new challenges which would require you to stay out of your comfort zone; and that is when you will start to discover more about yourself. You will begin to acknowledge that you are capable of a whole lot of things and eventually, you will believe in yourself more. You will develop the ability to cope with obstacles and grow as a person.
- Traveling creates memories of a lifetime. Everybody would love to see new things. Whether you love history and discover different cultures or not, you would get delighted with seeing things you’ve only seen in photos before. And everything you see in a new place would be imprinted in your mind. It will become a memory which you could cherish for the rest of your life.
- Traveling can give you a new purpose of living. If you feel stuck to wherever your life is right now, it would greatly help to take some time off of your work and go somewhere you have never been before. With all the new things you will discover outside of your country – new people, new culture, and new lifestyle – you will get a new sense of purpose in life and a new direction.
- Traveling will help you have fun. Traveling has no requirement. Whatever age or profession you have, you can travel. When you get to a new place, you can do whatever legal things you want to do. You can actually break free from all the stressors you have at work and even at home. All you would just think of when you travel is yourself and having fun.
Nevertheless, it is a must to plan your travel well. If you are a patient who needs medication, every Pharmacy in Toronto Canada suggests that you do not forget to carry your medication with you. Moreover, a Pharmacy near the Junction Area in Toronto Ontario Canada, Parkside Pharmacy, can help you ensure that your travel will be safe and healthy. Contact us at 647-350-3530 for more details.
Six Reasons to Start Eating More Vegetables
Experts suggest that we consume at least five servings of fruits and vegetables every day. However, not all of us can actually reach this target. In fact, while others consume less than a couple servings of veggies daily, others are still in doubt if they should incorporate veggies into their diet.
Most of us are used to having meat as our main dish and veggies on the sides. However, vegetables are packed with the necessary nutrients our body needs to function properly. Here are the reasons you should start getting a plate full of veggies from now on:
For Heart Disease Prevention
Because vegetables have almost no cholesterol, they are a better choice than eating meat that has cholesterol and saturated fats. Consuming more vegetables can provide your body a lot of nutrients that can benefit your heart and other body organs.
For More Glowing Skin
Most people spend thousands of dollars on skin treatment and facials that promise to restore their youthful looks. However, eating more vegetables can actually work wonders with the skin. This may be due to the ability of vegetables to improve blood circulation and change skin pigments. If you want optimum skin glow, talk to a pharmacy in Toronto Canada about the right skincare products you can use alongside your veggie consumption.
For Better Digestion
Vegetables have lots of fiber necessary for proper digestion. Having better digestion allows you to have more nutrients. Also, fiber can help in defecation and the removal of toxins.
Vegetables have more antioxidants than meat. To detoxify yourself from your body’s harmful elements, consider eating more vegetables. Health professionals even recommend eating only fruits and vegetables during the detox process. The antioxidants contained in veggies will eliminate toxins from the bloodstream, nerves and your skin.
For Energy and Endurance Boost
If your body lacks energy, it could be that you did not eat foods that provide your body enough nutrients. Vegetables provide minerals and vitamins for your body to function optimally. With improved immunity, circulation, mood and other bodily functions, you will feel more energized throughout the day.
Moreover, consuming vegetables can boost your workout performance and endurance as well as minimize exercise-induced stress. Thus, apart from helping you perform at your best, vegetables can aid your body while recovering from a strenuous activity.
For Weight Loss
Making veggies the mainstay of your meals instead of meat will help a lot in your weight loss goals. This is because vegetables do not have the unnecessary calories and fats found in meats that can cause you to gain weight. Also, the fiber and antioxidants in vegetables can also be contributing factors.
For more information on what vegetables can do for your body and the products available to help you stay healthy, please contact Parkside Pharmacy, a well-visited pharmacy near the junction area in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Call us at 647-350-3530 today!
Understanding Antibiotic Resistance and Learning to Stop the Spread
If bacteria develop resistance to an antibiotic, they withstand the power of the latter. Thus, the antibiotic a patient uses for curing infection may no longer work. Antibiotic resistance is a serious concern because this means that the patient continues to suffer from the untreated infection that can result in more complications and serious conditions.
How Antibiotics Work
As we fight off a bacterial infection, the invading bacteria can overwhelm our immune system. Antibiotics are taken to create a defense against these bacteria until our immune system can recover and deal with the remaining bacteria. Antibiotics interfere with or stop some daily cellular processes on which bacteria depend for survival and growth. But they can stop when bacteria have different ways to counter the antibiotics’ actions. The bacteria may destroy the antibiotic, change the target or prevent the antibiotic from finding its target.
What to Expect when the Bacteria Become Resistant to an Antibiotic
Using an antibiotic to treat a usual bacterial infection can have the majority of bacteria killed. However, in some cases, a bacterium that has an advantage may live. This can reproduce and pass the advantage on to create more bacteria that are resistant to the antibiotic. Because the bacteria have developed resistance to an antibiotic, they won’t be killed or inhibited.
How to Stop the Spread of Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria
- Avoid using antibiotics for viral infections. An infection caused by a virus like the flu, cold or cough should not be treated with an antibiotic. Antibiotics don’t cure viral infections and taking unnecessary medications can have side effects. For patients with a viral illness, health providers can suggest other treatment options. Visit a pharmacy in Toronto Canada for other options.
- Use antibiotics as prescribed. Patients taking antibiotics should not share their medicines with others. Also, they must not take antibiotics prescribed for somebody else. Antibiotics left over from a previous illness must be discarded. They must not use for another infection because they may not be the right treatment for the infection.
- Stay Up-to-Date on Vaccinations. There are vaccines available for preventing bacterial illnesses which might otherwise require an antibiotic. Also, the flu shot, an antiviral vaccine, can help in preventing a main illness which may be related to a secondary bacterial infection such pneumonia which can later require an antibiotic.
- Ask for a generic antibiotic if available. Healthcare providers can order and provide a generic version of an antibiotic when available to treat a bacterial infection. If you cannot afford your medications, talk to your doctor or pharmacist for an alternative.
- Complete the full treatment course. Finishing the full course of antibiotic is important to prevent antibiotic resistance and the recurrence of the infection.
To learn more about antibiotic resistance and the available generic versions of your antibiotic, call Parkside Pharmacy at 647-350-3530 or visit our pharmacy in High Park area in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.